Airtoberfest 2020 is scheduled for October 16 – 18 at The Volland Store in Alma, KS. This year’s Time Machines Vintage Motorcycle Show has been cancelled but we have been offered the use of the grounds for that weekend. Things will be a little different this year since the motorcycle show has been cancelled but planning is underway to make Airtoberfest 2020 another success. Keep an eye on the new Airtoberfest website – airtoberfest.com – and this site for more details. If you have any suggestions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After a successful proof of concept at the recent Platte Valley Tech Day all future Kansas Airheads Club gatherings will include the option to attend via the Zoom video conferencing app. Prior to each meeting all active Club members and friends of the Club will receive an invitation to the meeting. The invitation will include a link to the Zoom meeting. To attend via Zoom you will need to install the Zoom app on your computer, tablet, or smartphone from zoom’s website. You do not need to pay for a Zoom account to join our meetings!
When the meeting is about to start you’ll get a reminder from your calendar. Click the link to join and you’ll be added to the meeting.
While we hope this doesn’t discourage anyone from attending in person we hope it will encourage those of you who can’t make it to an event to attend virtually. We all look forward to seeing you – in person or virtually – at upcoming Kanas Airheads events!
The Platte City Tech Day is now re-scheduled for May 30th, as the COVID-19 restrictions should have eased up by then. If you feel uneasy and want to skip this session, we all understand. Also, if you have or have had symptoms within the month of May (prior to the Tech Day), I respectfully ask you not to attend. But I sure hope to see you all to enjoy some intense and productive wrenching, as well as food, fun, and conversations around the campfire.
Here’s what will be going on:
- Calep Howard, the Kansas AM, will be setting up cameras in the shop on the projects so that live interaction can be viewed by Zoom for those unable to attend.
- Zoom is available for free for your PC, Mac, and smartphone. You don’t have to be a paying subscriber. It’s free to use.
- You’re welcome to camp both Friday and Saturday nights.
- You’re also welcome to come in anytime Friday. The shop doors will be open.
- Meals provided will be Friday evening dinner through Sunday morning breakfast.
- As usual, consuming alcohol is permitted as long as you act responsibly.
Here’s what I need from you, please:
- What projects you would like to accomplish, so that we can coordinate space, tools, and information for Calep to set up the cameras
- What meals you plan to be here for?
- Do you have any special meal requirements?
13380 State Highway N, Platte City MO 64079
If a phone call is necessary, I can be reached at 785-806-1879.
I’m looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
Due to the coronavirus and the declaration of a National Emergency, the Kansas Airheads Club is suspending Second Saturdays and Coffee Talk until further notice. We will re-start these regular Club activities based on our local and national health leaders’ recommendations. In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Calep W. Howard, Kansas Airmarshal